|NEXT EVENT - 10 November 2017|
|POS||PLAYER NAME||CLUB NO||TOTAL|
Summer is back, and not a moment too soon! Also, back after a six-month hiatus is the fourth instalment of the LUMENROCK Chicken Run series. Fridays have become synonoumous with 9-hole sundowner golf as it provides the perfect opportunity to put a week’s hard work behind you.
And what a season awaits us. The best members club in SA now also boasts the best Club Manager in the country. We’ve known this for quite a few years now, and are extremely proud that the world now knows as well. Congrats Sandra!
Last season saw Fanus Pauw grab the spoils at the last event in what turned out to be the closest series so far. 10 Players ended the season within 6 points of the eventual winner. It was great to see a low handicapper win the series, and it shows that in a series it is sometimes more important to be consistent, rather than shooting the lights out one round only to put the lights out next time.
Frans and Keisha from Welbedagt Chickens will once again team up with us to be exclusive providers of the prizes. Looking forward to their chicken wing feasts on Friday evenings!
The dates for 2017/2018 are as follows:
13 October 2017
10 November 2017
8 December 2017
19 January 2018
23 February 2018
23 March 2018
LUMENROCK CHICKEN RUN TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The competition takes the form of a series of six events from October 2015 to March 2016, held on scheduled Fridays as part of George Golf Club’s “sundowners”.
- Players still compete for the regular Chicken Run prizes at each event.
- The competition is open for George Golf Club members only.
- Points are calculated using the individual stableford points results from all events, counting only the three highest totals.
- The winner will be the player with the highest combined number of points at the end of the series.
- Players need to compete in at least three events to be eligible for the grand prize.
- In the event of players ending the season on the same number of total points, the winner will be determined by way of a count out, by ranking and counting out each player’s three top scores from highest to lowest until a winner is decided.
- If a winner cannot be determined at this point, the next best rounds will be counted out, so at this point it could be advantageous to have played as many events as possible.
- George Golf Club’s local rules will apply throughout.
- George Golf Club’s rules with regards to handicapping for “sundowners” will apply throughout.
- George Golf Club is responsible for the provision of the golf data used by LUMENROCK to keep the scoreboard updated, and all queries with regards to incorrect scoring information must be taken up with the club. LUMENROCK will only adjust scores or other information at the instruction of George Golf Club management or authorised person(s) on the committee.
- Prizes awarded may not be exchanged for cash. A player who does not claim his or her prize within the specified time frame – where applicable – forfeits the prize and LUMENROCK cannot be held to account regarding said forfeit.
- LUMENROCK Accountants and Consultants will act as judge of the series and audit the results before declaring the winner after the last event. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- LUMENROCK reserves the right to cancel the competition, including all prizes, at their own discretion.
I have known Pieter Esterhuizen for over ten years in his capacity as my accountant and financial advisor. His sound and very professional financial advice has always been outstanding. He and his firm is dynamic, trustworthy and very loyal to me as a client. It is an honour and privilege for me to be associated with Pieter and LUMENROCK.
Franco van der Westhuizen
Thanks a million - you guys are legends!
JB van der Westhuizen
Chairman: Various Companies
The Van Der Westhuizen Group of Companies has been associated with LUMENROCK (as well as previously with KSE & Associates and Mr Pieter Esterhuizen in his personal capacity) as our auditors for almost a decade. Their services have been of an extremely high professional standard and we are proud to be associated with the group. Their availability and friendly assistance have been immaculate.
Click on badge to rate our business